Cancellation and Refunds
Your general rights under the Distance Selling Regulations include: Goods are as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.
You have the right to cancel your order within 7 working days of the day after receipt. Failure to do so within this period will constitute acceptance of the goods.
Details relating to goods sold by Downderry Nursery are shown below:
Please inform us of any issues by phone 07918 587845 or email email@example.com. We may be able to resolve these with a simple phone call!
To cancel within 7 working days of the day after receipt of the goods you must contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Downderry Nursery, Pillar Box Lane, Hadlow, Tonbridge, Kent. TN11 9SW.
On Receipt of your Goods
Examine your goods to check they are as ordered. Bear in mind that your plants will have been in an alien environment during their transit and need time to readjust after their journey. There may be some compost spillage. If you believe the plants are in an unsatisfactory condition please contact us immediately. We may ask you to send a digital photo of them so we can make an accurate assessment.
If you wish to return goods for an exchange or refund the following applies:
1. Return using similar quality packaging to that in which you received the goods.
2. Enclose order details e.g. a copy of the invoice/receipt sent with your order.
3. Obtain a certificate of posting. These are free at Post Offices.
4. Goods should arrive with us in the same condition they arrived with you. You are responsible for them from receipt to their return to us, so you must take reasonable care of them. We have a right of action against customers for any breach of their statutory duty to take reasonable care. Plants are perishable goods so they should be returned to us within the same time period as we sent them to you e.g. if we sent them on an overnight carrier they should be returned to us using an overnight service. Products may be tested before returning.
5. Any refund offered will be for the cost of the goods as sold to you and the original delivery cost from us to you. It does not include the cost of you returning the goods to us, that cost must be borne by you, unless the goods are substitutes, in poor condition or don’t comply with the contract of sale.
6. We will be happy to provide an exchange or refund within 30 days of cancellation. This applies even if the goods are not returned to us, although it would be good manners to return them and we may bring a claim for damages for breach of contract if they are not returned.
7. Refunds for returns can only be made using the same credit card, debit card or payment type as you used to purchase the goods.
Further information on Distance Selling Regulations can be found on the Office of Fair Trading website.